Treatment areas can include:
- Crows feet
- Frown and forehead lines
- Eyelids, which includes the under eyes and excess upper eyelid skin
- Upper and Lower Lip lines
- Nasolabial folds, aka laugh lines around the mouth area
- Skin imperfections, such as skin tags and sunspots
- Jowls and Neck Tightening
- Improving the look of scars, especially acne scars.
- Loose skin on the abdomen caused by pregnancy.
- Loose under arm skin
WHAT ARE FIBROBLASTS?
Fibroblasts (Fibroblastus) are active, spindle- or star-shaped cells in the dermis. Their function is to increase the productions of fibres, collagen and glycosaminoglycans. Fibroblasts have the main role in the dermis formation and are of a key importance for normal growth, healing, wound healing and everyday physiological activities in all tissues and organs in the body.
The number and productivity of fibroblasts decline with age. Their density gradually begins to decrease and fibroblasts in connective tissue rarely undergo division. Cellular division and regeneration are stimulated only by a wound healing process or inflammatory response. Trauma from plasma stimulates fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elevates elastin levels.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
As Fibroblast plasma is more than a simple tightening treatment (skin volume is actually reduced), the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of fibroblast plasma are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing, but the positive results should last years depending on the area treated. The positive effects of treatment may be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the final results will be seen after 8 weeks. For some, an additional treatment may be required after 8 weeks for maximum results. Additionally, there are lifestyle factors that can prevent the result from lasting as long as they can, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and prolonged sun exposure.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
The number of treatments required will vary according to the area being treated, skin's laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 8-12 weeks. Further treatments can be carried out to achieve better results. Appointments must be spaced out by 8 weeks.
WHAT TO EXPECT-SIDE EFFECTS AND RISKS
Fibroblast Plasma treatments has been shown to be a safe treatment due to its non-invasive nature when done by our fully certified and registered nurse. Still the majority of clients are likely to experience some minor side effects in the 7-10 days following treatment.
There will be small carbon crusts (little polkadots) in the treated area that will last 5 - 8 days before naturally lifting, revealing new pink skin beneath. Swelling in the eye area is to be expected for a few days following an upper eyelid treatment. To avoid any more serious side effects such as hyperpigmentation, follow the aftercare recommendations given to you by the nurse.
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
● The client should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no preexisting health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
● Clients skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
● Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
● Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
● Clients with a sunburn/suntan should postpone treatment.
● Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation/Hypopigmentation are not ideal candidates.
● The client must not display any tanning at the time of the treatment.
● The client must not display herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) It is recommended they consult with their medical Doctor and begin taking the prescription zovirax or Aciclovir 3 days prior to treatment and 5 days following treatment.
● Cannot treat those who have a pacemaker
● Clients who are pregnant or nursing are not ideal candidates.
● Clients should have eyelash extensions REMOVED prior to eye lift treatment.
● This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3
Fibroblast Treatment is not advised for those with very dark skin. This is because there is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots) following treatment.
DAY OF TREATMENT
On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area. You may take an anti-histamine 30 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and continue to take anti-histamines for 2-3 days following your appointment.
A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 30 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots). You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
Following treatment you will be given thorough aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used and avoid rubbing and picking the area. Also highly recommend supplementing with Zinc, Vit A, E & C a week before and 4 weeks after treatment which helps with improving skin regeneration and healing.
Treat one area and get the second area of equal or lesser value for half price!
(This special is only if both areas can be done in one appointment and not for repeat treatments)
Under Eyes Bags/Wrinkles
Crows Feet Lines
Top Lip/Smokers Lines/Lip Flip
Nasal Labial Folds
Please inquire for other areas or services such as age spots, moles, skin tags, stomach or arm areas.